Saturday, January 05, 2008

A new year...

As I've started this year I've been yearning and furiously praying, hoping,and believing (especially after a challenging word from friends, family and pastors)for alot from this year. I am believing that my Father will supply my needs, knows the desires of my heart and has led me to have these desires... And I want to say at the beginning of this year... I am thanking God for every need he has supplied already. I am going to speak into words my belief that he will continue to bless me -- meet my needs above and beyond what I deserve. He wasn't surprised by my earnest requests and He has already put into place the things He needs to happen to supply for me. And I just want to thank Him already for his blessings he has done for me, and is doing, and will do for me...

As I was praying tonight and searching scriptures for more words to strengthen my faith I decided to check out a different translation (after reading some verses from it on another friends blog.) May it encourage each of you, as it did me, as you begin this new year, and consider the year ahead of you.

1 Peter 1:17-19 (The Message)

17You call out to God for help and he helps—he's a good Father that way. But don't forget, he's also a responsible Father, and won't let you get by with sloppy living.

18-21Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know. He died like an unblemished, sacrificial lamb. And this was no afterthought. Even though it has only lately—at the end of the ages—become public knowledge, God always knew he was going to do this for you. It's because of this sacrificed Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust God, that you know you have a future in God.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Karla!

So good to hear from you! The internet is crazy, I have hooked back up with all kinds of people. Thanks for all your sweet comments. To answer your questions.. We are doing really realy well. I am staying home full time with the kids and I have to say I am absolutely LOVING it! They are really such fun little people and we feel extremely blessed they are in our lives! I loved this post. It was so encouraging to me...thanks! You can really see your heart in your words and it is so beautiful. wow, this is a really long comment...sorry! ;) I am going to catch up on your blog now! Please stay in touch! My email is kristycarderellijohnson@yahoo.com.

Love,
Kristy

Cheryl said...

Hey Karla!
Sounds like things are going well for you...agreeing with you for above and beyond what you can even imagine in this new year!

thanks for stopping by and giving insight into our southern new years meal tradition!

Jolanthe said...

hey lady -

sorry it's taken me so long to respond about the signature for the posts.

I went to www.mylivesignature.com and created one that I liked. Then you copy the html tag for the signature and put it in your blogger settings. There is a formatting tab and under that tab is a place where you can cut and paste the html code: it's a box at the bottom that says "post template".

Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope that helps!

Jolanthe