Friday, January 18, 2008

LIFE IS GOOD


I prayed for snow while I was still here in my log cabin -- Guess what~! God is good and blessed me with 3-4 inches. It was so pretty I ran out in my scrubs and stocking feet to take a few pictures. After the wet and cold set in I decided to trade my wet socks for a pair of shoes and kept trying to get a few pics. Until the snowy breeze and falling sleet began to cause a chill. I love that feeling.

Its winter and beautiful. The snow and ice capturing details and freezing them in an encapsulated crystal sheath. It brings light and details to even the most ordinary things. Have you ever noticed how beautiful a simple brown branch, barren for the winter, can look encased in an icy layer? Or the pines of an everglade? The sunlight glittering off it. Highlighted in its mundane form to be admired now because of the accents of light. God does such a great job at creating beautiful moments.

And I have more good news. God has opened another door that I've been praying for. Now I need to pray for organizational skills and for all the details to make walking through that door smooth. (more details in the future :))

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Beautiful pics karla! We got some up of the pretty, white stuff up here too! I agree with you, everything does look so beautiful "iced over." Your house is so cute too!

Cheryl said...

oh, come on... do share with us about the open door!!! i'll keep checking back for an update!
i'm lovin' the snow pictures.... i so so agree... just LOVE the stuff!

Crystal said...

Karla!!!! Such exciting news! I'm very happy for you. Looks like the Lord is moving in a big way. :-) And day-shift...ahhhhhh....I'm relieved for you. Keep me posted. I'll be praying for a quick, easy sale on your house. Luv ya!! Give my nieces & nephew big kisses for me. I miss them. :-(