Friday, February 15, 2008

MOVING...

Moving ... again.... this time to South Carolina.... can't wait to start/finish. So I used a company --2 men and a truck -- great workers, polite, hardworking guys who did a record breaking move for me. They took about 2 hours to load and an hour to drive and another 1.5 hours to unload the truck at the apartment. Those guys can carry a lot of boxes. Considering I have my fair share of medical books in those boxes... I could only carry one file box at a time... these guys were carrying 3 or 4 behind them on their backs... I was impressed.
I have never rented in an apartment complex. I always did duplexes apartments in the past, so this should be interesting...
First thing I noticed... My kitchen cabinets space is limited especially without a pantry.
2nd thing -- there is no microwave -- I need to get mine from the house tomorrow.
3rd thing -- the indoor pool is very warm-- great for relaxing stressed muscles (great benifit to apartment complex)
4th (but should have been first) I have great friends/family who made setting up here a breeze. -- Josie and Tim had the washer and dryer up and running in no time. Beds in place and framed even faster and table assembled despite the fact that two toddlers where attempting to crawl into the table repeatedly during that project. -- Thanks friends and family (especially Janelle & Josie who brought drinks and ordered pizza and all around helped despite fighting illness in their house for a week. And Tim & Lindsay & Sammy who drove 6 hours to help out) I love the additional help of family and friends -- especially when assembling things like a heavy table or things like chosing the layout of kitchen cabinets.
5th -- I am so excited to have such a larger selection in grocery stores... being in a larger city-- that made me smile while getting a few basics last night.
6th --now I don't have to get up so earlier to go to church... of course since sammy's nap time didn't smoothly correlate with first service --we put off going until 2nd service. :)
The list could go on... I am just so blessed to finally be where God wants me and to have all the advantages of a small city. Thank you God!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yeah! So glad you are all moved and had such great friends to help! I am sure you will love being so much closer to everything. Were you able to sell your house???

Crystal said...

Karla, as I've read your moving posts, I'm remembering you spending many hours at our home, packing boxes of CDs, books, etc. You were such a faithful friend. Wish we could have helped you this weekend. I'm so happy for your new job...I believe there are lots of good things on the horizon for you. :-)