Monday, February 25, 2008

the journey begins in South Carolina...


They say a pictures worth a thousand words.... So here are a few pics of my temporary housing for the next few months.



A nice convenient apartment for the next few months, while I wait with faith for my house in Hendersonville to sell. Tim & Lindsay and Sammy came to visit and help with the move. I can't believe how big Sammy has gotten. Janelle, Josie and Jayden also came over to help out. I have two bedrooms -- with one being my guest bedroom, office/ storage area. I really am excited to be back in civilization - closer to church, social activities and even the little things -- like grocery stores with a variety of choices and brands. Tomorrow I start my new job and after work I am going to start with my first practice with the worship/dance team at church. What a great way to start my journey in Greenville... and I got a chance to go to Flava invasion 3-- a salsa convention in Atlanta that consists of classes and social dancing this weekend. I shared a room with Tia and had fun chatting and hanging out and getting to know her. I learned a little more about mambo style of salsa dancing while there :) Still not good at it, but I'm intrigued with the styling that can be done with all the turns in mambo vs LA style salsa dancing, which makes me want to learn more... I also had a chance to stop in and visit and have some good bonding time in with Becca while she did my hair. I really have been blessed to have a warm, safe place to stay, a new job, time and resources to go have fun, new friends and old ones.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I would like to see a picture of your whole kitchen.. be sure to include the area on top of your fridge :-) LOL

Hope the first day goes well!