Saturday, August 18, 2007

We're going hiking now...


"Are you kidding me?" Were the words out of my mouth as I looked at the trail head. Janelle & Josie had told me I could join them in their planned hike. But she told me it was listed as moderate and was short - only 1.2 miles. Next time I will ask for more details... like expected time to hike, and elevation changes. What I didn't realize was that we would climb 1000ft in less than a mile. Keep in mind that means about 50 steps were not at a 45 degree incline and about 50 steps were down hill.

Now ordinarly if I had known I would have been more prepared. Josie luckily managed to get Jayden up hill most of the way in and I helped backpack him out, until Jayden needed to stretch out and Josie carried him the rest of the way out. But I must admit backpacking Jayden down was easier than carrying my backpack with my water, first aid kit & heavy camera. So when Josie and I switched I had the better end of the bargain. And I got a better work out hiking than I did working out on the treadmill at the gym yesterday or dancing with friends over the last few days. Check out some pics of the hike

No comments: