Monday, June 11, 2007

Did you see that sunset?

I love taking time to watch the sunset. Tonight I spent it flashing by the window as I prepared to do some stitches. Summer time has begun, as the campers floated by me today for cuts and sprains. The sunset contained the most brilliant red and pink colors after the rain shower. I wish I could have sat and just soaked it in. I never tire of seeing the colors slide shade to shade and then into shadows.

After noticing the sunset I was struck by the sweet open nature of two of my patients. One, a child seperated from his family who was so brave through stitches. With a sweet PA who held his hand while I injected the numbing medicine. And the other a beautiful young girl with the deepest green eyes. And realized the young girls innocence mirrored in her eyes was such a large part of her beauty. Ah to be young, I would have loved to be at camp this week. Unfortunately I am covering the other PA's vacation time and am stuck inside most of this week. Other than Thursday, which I have off and am preparing to go salsa dancing again. (thank God for per deim staff who can pick up at least one shift.)

Well, after working almost 13 hours I am ready to get some sleep. But I am excited we finally got our first rain since I planted the garden. It needed it. Hopefully things will start to grow better.

No comments: