Monday, June 09, 2008

Yard sale finds...





I love a bargain and I love artwork ... problem is, I can't afford to buy many pieces. But I found the answers -- yard sales in nice neighborhoods of Greenville. Janelle and I set off at 7am on my day off. There were bargains to be found and we were out to get them. We hit paydirt around 9am. We both noticed this set of oil paintings and agreed to get them and decide after we got home who would get them. After running it by Josie and find two other small pieces we agreed I got these two and Janelle got two more for her kitchen. I love the big one. Its the kind of picture I want to plan my living room around. The sail boats in the background and the blue ocean that you can fall into. -My perfect get away... just imagine the wind in my face whipping at my hair, the rippling of the sails, and the slicing noise of the boat in the water. The instant freedom from distractions. Ahh I love this beautiful world and can't wait to explore it more.

2 comments:

pyrotechny said...

YARDSALES ROCK!

Lindsay said...

We should see if there is a sailboat we can go out on for a day or something while at the beach! I will just bring my barf bag along and it will be great! hehe