Sunday, November 11, 2007

Where can wisdom be found?

Last night I was praying for guidance. I really want to have the ability to know the future and therefore make wiser decisions when it comes to life... But little do I really comprehend that burden. Instead God guided me to pray for specific guidance and for me to come to him for each of the decisions in my life. And gave me peace that He would provide me guidance at the times when I need it most. And to trust him when I don't know what to do. He is faithful in all ways. He can recover any lost ground and lost opportunities when He desires it.
Today I was scanning some verses on Bible gateway at work. I was filled with annoyance at a patient who was not faithful in taking meds prescribed to them. They even had the meds in their possession that would probably cure their ailments. What do they not understand about that?
It made me reflect back on my life. How often do I make decisions that do not help me? And how often do I forget to go back to my resources (the scripture) highly available in my own life. The Word that brings life. When I am searching for wisdom why not go to what God has already given me?.... Maybe I am more like that patient than I wish to be. "There but for the grace of God go I" was a fitting statement. And as I looked I found this beautiful scripture.
May it encourage you as it did me.

Job 28: 12-28
"But where can wisdom be found?
Where does understanding dwell?

13 Man does not comprehend its worth;
it cannot be found in the land of the living.

14 The deep says, 'It is not in me';
the sea says, 'It is not with me.'

15 It cannot be bought with the finest gold,
nor can its price be weighed in silver.

16 It cannot be bought with the gold of Ophir,
with precious onyx or sapphires.

17 Neither gold nor crystal can compare with it,
nor can it be had for jewels of gold.

18 Coral and jasper are not worthy of mention;
the price of wisdom is beyond rubies.

19 The topaz of Cush cannot compare with it;
it cannot be bought with pure gold.

20 "Where then does wisdom come from?
Where does understanding dwell?

21 It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing,
concealed even from the birds of the air.

22 Destruction [c] and Death say,
'Only a rumor of it has reached our ears.'

23 God understands the way to it
and he alone knows where it dwells,

24 for he views the ends of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.

25 When he established the force of the wind
and measured out the waters,

26 when he made a decree for the rain
and a path for the thunderstorm,

27 then he looked at wisdom and appraised it;
he confirmed it and tested it.

28 And he said to man,
'The fear of the Lord—that is wisdom,
and to shun evil is understanding
.' "

1 comment:

Christin said...

God brought you to mind the other day...I was praying for you.

May he surround you with wisdom and open doors you didn't even think to ask for.