Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring has arrived...

I love the little things that change as spring comes... I have been indoors most of the week caring for those with sprained ankles, lacerations from falls while playing or working outdoors, and coughs and flus and was excited to get outdoors today. After church -- mind you RWOC was awesome today -- he reminded us of promises God made to Israel to restore to them what the locust had eaten and to never let it happen to them again. What a great promise.... And then after church I escaped for about two hours to wonder a trail in a state park. The sun was bright and warmed the clay and rocks I walked on. There were not many flowers in bloom in the park but the trees were budding. I love to watch the transformation from the brown drab winter shrouds to the crisp green budding shawls of spring. And I can't tell you the thrill I have had seeing my hyacinth bushes bloom their yellow display and my pear tree blossoms lighting up my front yard this week as I went to and from work.

Ah.. warmth is coming... time to get back outdoors and enjoy that sun. And today did not disappoint. The temperature rocked around 88 and the sun just wrapped you in its rays. I believe my high school term for today would have been "Sweeeet!!!!" I can't wait to see more flowers break through the ground. But things have begun and life surfaces again... And I got to spend a little time watching. I felt honoured. God makes this happen every year and every year it excites me. I had a great time wandering around and playing with my new camera. I even got to watch several turtles dive off the logs into the cool water to hide until I passed. This one group of three turtles stuck it out, not bothered by my presence, as they enjoyed the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading your description of Spring and watching the slideshow, I feel as though I don't even need to go outside! You have a gift with words and photography too!
-Jolinda