Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas in the Emergency Dept.

Today I spent the day celebrating Jesus birth serving the sick that poured into the ER. I guess God might have chosen that as a place or maybe in a bar ministering to the lonely or maybe on the rainy street serving the homeless.

I was humbled serving people today. I treated 47 people over the 11.5 hours I worked today. Many sick with flu, strept or pneumonia or a combo of the above. We seem to have hit a peak in the flu season here. Although most are doing a good job staying hydrated, they were feeling miserable. A few I was able to pray over while examining them, but mostly had to stay busy seeing people.

Thank God for a healthy body. I really felt His presence around me today and knew I was in the place He wanted me to be. I wonder what destiny I fulfilled today.

This week I watched the movie Lady of the Lake -although a weird movie, what struck me most, was questioning my destiny. And has brought me into a reflective contemplation of what it is I do for God daily. Do I miss out on the opportunities or am I just unaware of the destinies I have fulfilled. I pray I am following through and that God will forgive my weakness that has failed Him. This week at church Apostle Ron prayed over the congregation that God has marked us with his mark so that any labels that are curses have been broken off. We are not bound by the worlds labels -- God doesn't see us through those and we should not operate in them, being bound by our own fears and insecurities. I pray that I can walk forward with His mark and not bring disappointment, but instead bring favor to Him by my life.

Today I gave a single mother a gift for her son, as they have not had money to buy new clothes. She was touched and I was warmed to know that I had served someone in need. I pray that God use that opportunity to touch and bring healing to their lives and draw them into an further awareness of Him. Is there somone in your life who needs a gentle word, a pat on the back, a hug or a wink that You can touch for God's glory?

I pray that God be with you and warm your heart during this holiday with a new awareness of his love.

No comments: