Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial day weekend

I got to go hang out with Janelle and the kids on Saturday and then Sunday and Monday I spent the day up at the lake. It was a humid day with intermittant rain but so beautiful.


I love sitting by the lake and watching people. Its a beautiful sight empty too. This weekend it was all about the clouds. Beautiful... but I had to take my Northern raised self inside to take breaks in the air conditioning to cool off from the humidity. And its not even August yet (yikes)



I love looking at honeysuckle. Its beautiful in its strength and details but who doesn't love that smell... (Lilacs and honeysuckle bring lots of spring/summer childhood memories to mind)



I enjoyed checking out the nature around the place while Robert worked during the days.


the mountain laurel out did itself this year



...but I was still drawn back to the lake and its views. The color contrasts seem to sparkle after the rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I always love looking at any type of water :-)