Thursday, September 06, 2007

Shell Alley just off Sunset Sandbar



Tonight I chose to walk along the beach. I walked further than I have in the past. I came upon this area of beach full of shells. I was so excited. I decided to name it Shell Alley. I found a small conch shell about the size of my thumb. And I found several olive shells. ( A lettered olive shell is the South Carolina state shell. One of the other ladies along the scuba trip on Wednesday gave me one. I also found two dead sand dollars about the size of my hand while scuba diving on Tuesday.) Then I started to wade out into the water to take some sunset pictures. It was low tide and the water stayed below my knees for a long way out. I got to go out and take lots of cool sunset pictures out in the water. I decided it should be called Sunset Sandbar. It was beautiful tonight because from our area of the beach you really can't watch the sunrise, but this was a little harbor or river. I took a few pictures of my shell pile because I was so excited about what I found.

No comments: